The Mojo team is pleased to announce the release of the License Maven Plugin, version 1.6.
This plugin manages the license of a maven project and its dependencies (update file headers, download dependencies licenses, check thirdparty licenses, …).
This License Plugin has the following goals:
Goal to generate the third-party license file. This file contains a list of the dependencies and their licenses. Each dependency and it’s license is displayed on a single line in the format:
(<license-name>) <project-name> <groupId>:<artifactId>:<version> - <project-url>It will also copy it in the class-path (says add the generated directory as a resource of the build).
This aggregator goal (will be executed only once and only on pom projects) executed the add-third-party on all his modules (in a parellel build cycle) then aggreates all the third-party files in final one in the pom project.
The goal to check if the state of header on project source files.
Displays all the available comment style to box file headers.
Download the license files of all the current project’s dependencies, and generate a summary file containing a list of all dependencies and their licenses.
Display all available licenses.
Generates a report of all third-parties detected in the module.
The goal to update (or add) the header on project source files. This goal replace the update-header goal which can not deal with Copyright. This goal use a specific project file descriptor project.xml to describe all files to update for a whole project.
Updates (or creates) the main project license file according to the given license defines as licenseName. Can also generate a bundled license file (to avoid collision names in class-path). This file is by default generated in META-INF class-path directory.
To get this update, simply specify the version in your project’s plugin configuration:
1 2 3 4 5
The artifacts have been deployed to the mojo repository and will be mirrored to central.
- MLICENSE-68 – license:third-party-report doesn’t honour licenseMerges
- MLICENSE-91 – .property files mangled after adding license header
- MLICENSE-96 – Some licenses contain whitespace errors
- MLICENSE-97 – Add the copyright section in MIT License
- MLICENSE-80 – Add BSD licenses to the built-ins
- MLICENSE-82 – Remove empty license groups from result file if using license merges
- MLICENSE-84 – Option to sort licenses by letter if grouped by license
- MLICENSE-88 – Support for EUPL v1.1
- MLICENSE-94 – Add license.includeTransitiveDependencies property access
- MLICENSE-95 – Include copyright year range, not just inception year
- MLICENSE-99 – Add EPL v1.0 license
- MLICENSE-100 – Update some dependencies and plugins versions
- MLICENSE-92 – license repository files can be dynamic
- MLICENSE-93 – use java 5 plexus annotations
The Mojo team.