The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven Archiver, version 3.0.1.
The Maven Archiver is mainly used by plugins to handle packaging. The version numbers referenced in the Since column on this page are the version of the Maven Archiver component – not for any specific plugin. To see which version of Maven Archiver a plugin uses, go to the site for that plugin.
You should specify the version in your project’s dependency configuration:
1 2 3 4 5
You can download the appropriate sources etc. from the download page.
Important Notes since Version 3.0.0:
- Maven 3.X only
- JDK 6 minimum requirement
- MSHARED-154 – pomPropertiesFile does not actually permit override
- MSHARED-191 – Specification-Version must not contain “-SNAPSHOT”
- MSHARED-298 – Errors in manifest example on site
- MSHARED-296 – Improve header of pom.properties
- MSHARED-465 – Remove @Deprecated marked code
- MSHARED-506 – Upgrade plexus-archiver from 2.9.1 to 3.1.1
- MSHARED-511 – Using structures to keep insertion order for MANIFEST.MF
- MSHARED-512 – Remove @Deprecated marked code which has been missed.
- MSHARED-492 – Upgrade parent to version 22
- MSHARED-493 – Clean up warnings emitted by Javadoc 8 (doclint) and Checkstyle
-The Apache Maven team