The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven Archetype Plugin, version 3.1.0.
In short, Archetype is a Maven project templating toolkit. An archetype is defined as an original pattern or model from which all other things of the same kind are made. The names fits as we are trying to provide a system that provides a consistent means of generating Maven projects. Archetype will help authors create Maven project templates for users, and provides users with the means to generate parameterized versions of those project templates.
You should specify the version in your project’s plugin configuration:
1 2 3 4 5
You can download the appropriate sources etc. from the download page.
[Release Notes – Maven Archetype Plugin – Version 3.1.0]
- ARCHETYPE-492 Underscore in filenames problematic due to greedy regex
- ARCHETYPE-530 [archetype:create-from-project] Proxy configuration from settings.xml is not taken into account
- ARCHETYPE-534 archetype-descriptor.xsd is out of date
- ARCHETYPE-553 Allow additional properties for IntegrationTestMojo’s MavenInvoker
- ARCHETYPE-554 create archetype-descriptor-1.1.0.xsd containing validation regexp
- ARCHETYPE-536 Update Groovy dependency and enable Groovy Grape in archetype-post-generate.groovy script (by including Ivy dependency)
- ARCHETYPE-560 Require Java 7
- ARCHETYPE-542 switch from Git-WIP to Gitbox
- ARCHETYPE-543 Upgrade modello from 1.8.3 to 1.9.1
- ARCHETYPE-544 Upgrade mave-surefire/failsafe-plugin 2.21.0
- ARCHETYPE-545 Upgrade parent to 33
- ARCHETYPE-551 Upgrade maven-invoker to 3.0.1
- ARCHETYPE-557 Upgrade surefire to 2.22.1
-The Apache Maven team